2015-04-15

My make up collection and storage

Being a huge fan of make up, I couldn't help myself with organizing my collection in the easiest way possible. If I have to be honest, I hadn't realized how much make up stuff I owned until I started picking up every single item from the many beauty cases I had in my closet to put it in order.

But first just let me tell you a story before showing you guys my make up collection and storage.


I started ballet when I was 3 or 4 years old and I remember the other little girls getting really excited every time we had to dance at the theatre because that was one of the few times us little girls could had put some make up on. I think I maybe was the only one who didn't want anybody to put some eyeliner or eye shadow on me because I was terribly terrified by someone to touch my face, especially my eyes. I still remember when I told my mom, a few years later, that I wouldn't have ever worn any make up because my fear about hurting me by accidentally hitting my eye with an eye pencil was not worth the risk . Little did I know that a couple of years later I would have become highly obsessed with make up stuff. 
I started waring make up when I was 14-15 years old and I still remember the huge mistakes I used to do, for instance when putting foundation with fingers (which means that every day at the end of the school I would have had orange-pinkish lines on my face because of the traces left by my fingers when applying), or when I used to put so much eyeliner under my eyes that made me ending up looking like a panda just a couple of hours later. 
Despite the many mistakes,I have learnt a lot about how to correctly put make up on myself and even though I know I am neither professional, nor have ever had make up lessons, I think I have improved a lot through the years (thank you YouTube, you had a big part in this). 
Make up gave me confidence and rose my self-esteem in a way I wouldn't have ever expected. At the end, all I need to do to feel good with myself is to put some mascara, blush and lipgloss on and start the day with a fresh and confident smile. I can tell it's not always easy, but at least I try my best to like the way I look. 

The other day a friend of mine told me that she likes herself and feels more confident when she wears make up and even though she has a lot of make up, she rarely uses it because she finds no time in the morning. 
GIRLS, I am sure you can find 10 minutes in the morning even when in rush to make you FEEL beautiful (I said feel, not be, because I am sure any of you is beautiful INSIDE AND OUT even when you think you are not), and if this may help you feel more confident about yourself and show your own inner beauty in the outside too, why not? Why not showing off your gorgeous eyes with some mascara, or your beautiful smile with a lipstick? I am not saying not putting make up on is wrong, I am just saying that if you feel better with yourself when you have some make up on, this could really help you shine brighter :)

Therefore, let me show you my make up collection.


I used three clear boxes from IKEA which have different compartments each to help myself organizing my make up storage. I thought grouping my make up into different "categories" was a good idea because now it's even easier for me to immediately find what I need.

I mostly grouped them this way:
 mono color eyeshadows
 multi color eyeshadows
 blushes
 eye pencils
 primers and eyebrows stuff
 concealers
 bronzers
 mascaras, fake lashes and eyelash curlers
 face powders and mineral powders
 lipsticks 
 foundations and bb creams
 lipbalms
 lipglosses
 a variety of products samples (I am usually given them in drugstores, make up stores or even find them in magazines and usually keep them for the times I travel and don't need to bring the original packaging with)
 perfume samples (so handy as they fit everywhere and are perfect for those days you spend the weekend away from home - so you don't need to take a perfume bottle with).

  I also use a shelf for the rest of my stuff because I don't have enough space in my drawer for my nail polishes, brushes and my Sephora Color Pop-Up Store (I got for Christmas three years ago).


Besides, for those who may be interested, I still keep some old mascaras or empty foundations/concealers packages because sometimes in some shops/drugstores there are offers where you get about 20% off for a new mascara or foundation if you bring your old/empty package. I also collect empty M.A.C packages for the Back To M.A.C program.











Do you have a make up storage? How do you usually keep your make up stuff?
 I really am curious to hear from you and how you do! :) 







3 commenti:

  1. WOW, such a great collection!
    xoxo,

    atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.com

    RispondiElimina
  2. That Sephora case is Epic! I like to keep my makeup in an acrylic container. Love your blog <3

    Niamh xoxo

    http://beautybud3598.blogspot.ie/

    RispondiElimina

Please be nice...the world could use some positivity! :)